Organizing tip of the week – Organize your kitchen by zones. Consider organizing your kitchen by the following zones:
1) Consumable zone: The area used to store most of your food. May be split into two zones, refrigerator (fresh food) and pantry or food cabinets (dry goods, oils, etc.).
2) Non-consumables zone: The area used to store everyday dishes, including plates, bowls, glasses, and silverware.
3) Cleaning zone: The area that contains the sink and dishwasher (if you have one).
4) Preparation zone: The area where most of your kitchen prep happens. This may be a stretch of counter top, or a kitchen island.
5) Cooking zone: The area that contains the stove top, oven, or range, and possibly the microwave.
Your kitchen may be bigger or smaller than the kitchen in the diagram, but the idea here is to have all items broken up in zones to create a kitchen that is not only efficient but also saves you that extra time that you can spend on enjoying your meal with loved ones!
*Diagram taken from kitchen.com